The New York World is published under Creative Commons' BY-ND 3.0 license
. Unless otherwise noted, you are welcome to reprint The New York World's reporting. Except by prior arrangement, the following guidelines apply:
- Credit The New York World, preferably by appending “The New York World” to the bylines already on the stories. Bylines must remain in the stories.
- Do not edit stories, except to reflect relative changes in time or location (eg. “Yesterday, following months of uncertainty, Governor Cuomo...” may be changed to begin “In January,” or “Early this year”)
- You may edit stories to accommodate style variations or to expand acronyms (eg. “TWU Local 100” may be written “Transport Workers Union Local 100”)
Stories reprinted online must:
- include a link to the original story on http://www.thenewyorkworld.com
- retain all links included in our original reporting
- Retain in republished HTML a simple tracking code, provided in the body of each story as published on The New York World website.
- include a syndication source tag directing search engines to the original story in The New York World
- Do not republish The New York World wholesale or automatically
- Contact our editor with any questions about this policy or to make arrangements to reprint The New York World stories under other terms.
- This reprint policy is subject to change.